Re: [NEW IDEA] Automatic removal of dependencies

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 02:16:59AM -0700, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> 3) It's something that will bring in additional functionality useful
>    for some users. Nothing more than a hint that a depsolver (GUI) might
>    list "you might additionally find some of these useful". An example of
>    this would be xmms + it's myriad of plugins: xmms-sid isn't something
>    most people will care about.

Stupid question, but how hard would it be for a depsolver to work this
out in reverse?  For example, xmms-sid requires xmms, so when I'm
installing xmms, notice that xmms-sid requires it, and suggest it as a
possible enhancement?

I could see something like that being *really* handy with perl-Kwiki
and the dozen or so plugins that are available in Extras right now.
It would suck if I had to modify the main perl-Kwiki package every
time someone packages up another plugin.  (That is, of course,
assuming that someone other than me packages some plugins...  ;)

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve kspei com             http://www.kspei.com/