Re: [BUG] yelp depends on mozilla?

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le dimanche 30 avril 2006 à 11:33 +0100, Keith Sharp a écrit :

There has been a relatively recent discussion on this:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-April/msg01195.html

I didn't follow the entire thread, but I believe the long term plan is
that applications needing an HTML rendering component will switch to use
Xulrunner:

	http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XULRunner

When this is scheduled to happen I do not know.

Don't get your hopes too high, having a sane shareable mozilla HTML
rendering component has been a goal since before firefox existed.

One has to wonder after all this time if the moz code is not too badly
designed for it to ever happen.

IIRC the release is planned for Q1 2007 because it is based on Geckos 1.9 branch. You can get a stable preview release (still based on 1.8) at the above URL.

Regards,
  Dennis