evolution crashes

Mon Aug 14 13:15:25 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Jesse Keating schrieb:
>> On Monday 14 August 2006 08:01, Erwin Rol wrote:
>>> Wow you had a serious bad weekend , didn't you ?
>> The CAPS is a direct quote from the mailman page.  Thorsten was
>> helpfully select/inserting the content from the mailman page into the
>> email.  The caps aren't his.
>
> thx Jesse for this clarification. Yes, that was quoted from the list
> info page.

Than sorry for the remark, no offense meant.

> But it seems the people don't get the differences between fedora-devel
> and fedora-test list. Mostly not their fault AFAICS. We IMHO need to
> make the differences more clear. I'd vote for a special
> fedora-development-tree-list to make it more obvious, but I know
> people won't like yet another mailinglist (fedora-test-list could stay
> and handle updates-testing stuff for stable releases). fedora-devel
> should IMHO stay only for general discussions ("Xorg 7.1 as FC5
> update" and stuff like that).
Test and development have kind of blurry edges, maybe my first mail
should have gone to the test-list, but where should the question go on
why GDB and evolution do not play nice ? And what if i not only test,
but also debug (which i was trying to do) ?

> Further: The rawhide reports IMHO shouldn't be sendto both
> fedora-devel and fedora-test-list because sometimes stuff get
> discussed in reply to one list while the same or other stuff gets
> discussed on the other. That's confusing. At least a common "Reply-to"
> would be helpful so all replies go to one list by default (people can
> override it if there is a need to).

Ones again , Thorsten, no offense meant to you personally.

- Erwin