list of compiz/aiglx compatible cards?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Aug 22 17:08:04 UTC 2006

Adam Jackson wrote :

> dragoran wrote:
> > Matthias Saou wrote:
> >> - It seems to not be possible to have more than 4 workspaces
> >>
> >> I'll go looking for where to report these now, as I can't live with
> >> "only" 4 workspaces anymore ;-) Not even if the tradeoff is to have
> >> wobbly windows.
> >>
> > its also not possible to have 2 (4 takes too much panel space for me)
>
> gconftool-2 -t int -s /apps/compiz/general/screen0/options/size 2
>
> Replace "2" with your favorite magic number.

Aaaah, neat! Still not possible to use multiple rows (I usually use
4x2), nor drag and drop between workspaces in the gnome workspace
switcher, but I suppose all this is still work in progress.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, I'll keep compiz running for now! :-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5.91 (FC6 Test2) - Linux kernel 2.6.17-1.2573.fc6
Load : 0.25 0.61 0.48