Re: SSHd

On 8/21/06, Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> wrote:
Matthew Miller (mattdm mattdm org) said:

> But really, it seems like the "can't get to a shell during/after an install"
> can leave you stuck in a number of cases, not just this one....

It's just that realistically, changing this would essentially mean
"any headless machine will not be able to be logged into without kickstart
machinations". I don't think that's an improvement.

Agreed. Remote login is very useful to finish an install - or if other mechanisms that normally do work don't.

The problem, that some bots try and try and try again on the ssh root account, would best be dealth with with a default configuration that blocks an IP for some time if enough unsuccessful attempts are made.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Oslo, Norway