Re: [PEEVE] Fedora Release notes in browser upon update

On 8/25/06, Marcel J.E. Mol <marcel mesa nl> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 02:27:44PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 11:53:51PM +0530, Rahul wrote:
> > Release notes being the default homepage is not a bug. However if the
> > user has changed it, it should NOT revert that back during updates. If
> > it does, thats a bug.
>
> It only reverts back for the first load of the new browser -- the upstream
> intention being that you'd at that point see the new release notes for the
> browser itself.

But I guess you need to close the browser nicely to get this behaviour.
When the browser is just killed when logging out of your X environment it
will show the releasenotes again next time.

-Marcel

Exactly, though I did not realise logging out closed the app badly.
This is what happens, until I go into the prefs and reset the home
page to what it was.