Easy Fedora 2

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Dec 1 21:14:14 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 December 2006 16:02, jam at zoidtechnologies.com wrote:
> a valid point-- however users want these things and if it's "too difficult"
> to get them installed and operational they will go elsewhere. like the
> original poster, I applaud the idea of sticking to the guns and not
> shipping any "grey" content, but that does *not* solve the problem for the
> vast majority of potential fedora users, and the matter needs to be
> addressed rather soon if we want to have a serious set of desktop users.

Just how do you expect us to "address" the fact that its illegal?  I'm sorry,
but we're not just going to ignore the law and hope "The Man" doesn't notice.

But aside from that, principles are important, and our distribution is based
on those principles.  We can't be everything for everyone, and trying to be
so is a losing battle.  There are some legal ways of getting some things onto
your system, but we are not in the business of being enablers.  There are
fundamental reasons we don't include some software, nor make it "easy" to
access.

Also see ajax's response.

--
Jesse Keating