Removable of manual display configuration on first boot (FC6)

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 07:55:13 UTC 2006

I would like to inquire as to why configuration of display settings
was removed from first boot. As it is, xorg often ignores resolutions
set by system-config-display, but now I'm not evening being given the
chance to be ignored, and frankly Fedora is terrible at guessing
display settings (from the past 4 FC6 install I've done). In the
latest install, FC6 correctly detected the VGA and monitor, but
botched the autoconfig enough that LCD blanked out (display out of
range) - fixing this was troublesome enough - and I've yet to get xorg
to accept the resolution as I set t exactly from
system-config-display.

I was thinking of filing a bug report, but I figured that I should
better ask questions here first.

Thanks

Arthur Pemberton

--