New device drivers don't see beyond 15 partitions in fc7

Hello,

With the change from traditional /dev/hd* type device nodes to /dev/sd* type nodes, I see that the highest partition number that can be used is 15. Will this change so that higher numbers will be available? I do have a system that has a drive with almost 30 small partitions used in a research effort and the number of partitions has not been an issue thru fc6.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)