FC-6-i386-livecd-1.iso boot sequence errors

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Dec 25 22:56:08 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-23 at 22:26 +0000, Aaron Gray wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Got two different errors in startup sequence.
>
> The following error repeated about 12 times in boot up sequence :-
>
>         Illegal mode for this track or incomplete medium
>         The failed "Read 10" packet command was:
>     Buffer I/O error on device hdd, logical block xxxxxx
>
> The CD was verified after writing, and SHA checked.
>
> Then later in boot up sequence we have :-
>
>     Starting system message bus: Unknown group "netdev" in message bus
> configuration file

The avahi project added some Debian specific bits to their config file
upstream, which sneaked into the Fedora packages via an update.  This
was also the cause of the recent 'yum update' breakage that would kill X
and screw up your yum update leaving duplicate packages.

The avahi dbus config file needs to have the Debian specific bits
removed, and an update pushed.  The message is harmless, and the
operation of Avahi is unaffected however.

Dan