Re: Move Evolution to Extras? / Annoying "ability" to select the portion that you want to reply

At 09:20 PM 12/27/2006, Dimi Paun wrote:
However, there are a couple of things that make Thunderbird not useful
to me (due to the fact that I need to use it to comment on code):
  1. The ability to select the portion that you want to reply to.

Personally, this is one of the most annoying feature added to Evolution. When I read my email, I habitually highlight words, indicating where I was reading. When I'm done reading, I hit reply, and gosh, I got some incomplete words in the email body. So, I have to repeatedly cancel the reply message window, highlight some text, then it will proceed to the next stage of highlighting the whole line, then I could remove the highlight in such a way that the reply message body is complete, not empty. If there is an option to optionally disable this feature, I would then not be annoyed so much.

(I apologize if my expression is a bit too strong somehow...)

     For large patches, this is priceless, I don't want to have a huge
     reply that I have to trim to a few relevant lines.

--
Daniel Yek