Don't make Evolution the default mailer (was: Move Evolution to Extras?)

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 17:22:54 UTC 2006

Since Core and Extras are to be merged. I have changed the subject.

* Gilboa Davara (2006-12-29 09:36 +0200) said:
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> The OP made a bold statement about *Fedora* users. I would have been
> nice if he took the time to back it up with solid numbers.

What kind of number do you need?

Evolution may be useful for users need to sync with PDA or connect to
an EXCHANGE server. But that is a very small portion. Being bloated,
slow and memory hog, evolution is useless. There are other MUAs doing
a better job in almost all things.

> BTW, once Thunderbird / Lightning get OpenSync/Pilot support, I'll
> be the first one to dump Evo.  Until such time (and as long as KMail
> remains a usability nightmare [and this from an avid KDE user...]),
> leave Evolution be.

So there is no point making it a default mailer.