Re: Question about Fedora Extras 5

Matthias Saou wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote :

But I think you're confusing the terms "Extra CDs" and "Fedora Extras",
which are two completely different things, although it would definitely be
nice to make "Extra CDs/DVDs of Fedora Extras" at some point.

It expect that it requires a Fedora Extras "release" and a good amount of coordination to make this happen. I dont think it is merely a matter of lumping together a set of packages into a ISO image

Well, I don't see an Extras "release" as a requirement, as I don't
"release" freshrpms.net either. Just clearly document a set of packages,
create the the meta stuff you needs (.xml, scripts), and you can create a
very useful snapshot at any given time.
So is this process documented? Can it be automated so a Extras ISO image is created every few weeks or so for example?. During the Fedora development process many of the packages in Extras seem to remain broken for a longer time than the ones in core which led to the impression for me that a release would be required to ensure that the packages work as expected.

--
Rahul