Re: Question about Fedora Extras 5

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Well, I don't see an Extras "release" as a requirement, as I don't
"release" freshrpms.net either. Just clearly document a set of packages,
create the the meta stuff you needs (.xml, scripts), and you can create a
very useful snapshot at any given time.
So is this process documented? Can it be automated so a Extras ISO image is created every few weeks or so for example?. During the Fedora development process many of the packages in Extras seem to remain broken for a longer time than the ones in core which led to the impression for me that a release would be required to ensure that the packages work as expected.

If there is a need to throw some time + resources behind this effort as an initial proof-of-concept, I am happy to do that ( I could knock something together fairly rapidly ).

Maybe I can co-ordinate with Kevin Fenzi, and extend his ongoing efforts ( ref: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-February/msg00044.html )

Also, should this conversation, at some point, move [1] to the Extras list ?

- KB

[1] Or atleast be echo'd on the Extras list

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219 icq