Re: rawhide report: 20060202 changes

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:46:52 -0500
Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> wrote:

> Matthias Saou (thias spam spam spam spam spam spam spam egg and spam freshrpms net) said:
> > I'm not sure I understood everything perfectly, but I'd have to agree
> > about the less-than-optimal splitting, as AFAICS most of those language
> > packages are 8kB big...

It is not an question of size here, it is a question of being able to
select the languages for which input maps get installed for m17n-db.
Eventually we thinking now to have a scheme to allow the selection what
input methods get enabled when an input method gets installed under
SCIM, but until that is available I believe the current packaging is
the best that can be done.

> I expect it's not covered in comps right either - Jens, what's the
> logic behind this?

Right various languages should probably be added to comps: this will
certainly happen for Indian scripts at least which I'm currently
working on.

On the other hand of course not every language needs to be comps either:
I don't think most Swedes say need to have m17n-db-swedish installed
for example.

Jens