nothing from buildsys?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Feb 3 18:06:37 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote :

> On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 05:04 -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> >
> > So....   What is this unified across all platforms srpm repo you speak
> > of, and how does it differ from what we've been doing internally for
> > about 4 years?  ;o)
>
> That was my blog.  What we have now once the packages are all built and
> we want to make an installable tree set, we build one binary package set
> and one source package set for each arch.  As you say, the srpms are
> common across all the platforms, but there are some packages that only
> get included on one arch or another.  This causes the srpm isos to not
> be exactly the same and unlinkable.  To save space / time I am modifying
> our tree building software to create ONE master srpm package / cd set
> from all the srpms uses across all the arches we ship (in fedora thats
> i386, x86_64, and ppc).  So instead of each arch havning a SRPMS/ dir
> and a SRPM CD set, there will be one top level sources/ dir that has a
> global SRPMS/ dir and an iso dir with isos made from the unified SRPMS.

This is great news, and will make the mirror admins happy, especially
since last I checked there were only two or three packages differing
between the i386 and x86_64 source CDs... and I doubt there are more
than another handful for ppc :-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux kernel 2.6.14-1.1656_FC4
Load : 0.58 0.52 0.73