Re: Fedora Core 5 Test 3 Slip

On Saturday 04 February 2006 04:19am, Igor Jagec wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
[snip]

Enough with the birthdays already.  :)

How about if we slip FC5 just a little more so that it is released in May on
FC4's 1st anniversary? That would give us enough time to make a test4 and
maybe even a test5 release to iron out all the new X bugs.

hehe, just kidding.

> > during that time to make sure FC5 is a great release for YOUR birthday
> > (;
>
> It's gonna be a great release. It's been a long time since FC4 was
> released... I suppose that RHEL5 will be based on FC5 since it took as
> much time to build it. Maybe it is a good idea to make release cycle to
> one year instead of 4 to 6 months as it is said it's going to be for
> Fedora Core.

After 2-1/2 years, I think Fedora development has all but proved that 6 months
is the minimum time between good distribution releases.  It doesn't look like
we're ever going to see 4 months.

I'm not saying that 4 months isn't possible, just that the track record seems
to show that 6 months is the "right" timeframe.

I'm not saying that 4 months is a bad goal.  On the contrary, I think setting
tough goals is (usually) a good thing; it spurs us all on to accomplish
things we never have before.
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont gurulabs com>
Senior Instructor