Re: fc5 test2 haldaemon failed?

Naoki wrote:

Running an strace over the process shows _many_ of these :

[pid 19360] fcntl64(585, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC) = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)

[...]

[pid 19360] fcntl64(592, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC) = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)

this is normal unix braindamage, nothing to worry about. the process wants to prevent file descriptors from leaking into its children.

Along with about a few million lines of other output which I have no idea the meaning of.

try running hald with --verbose

leon wrote:

Hi all,

Hal fail to start on system boot. Does anyone has similar experience?
I'm going to file a bug if anyone confirm. And gnome powermanager applet
failed too. It might have to do with hal.

Run `/etc/init.d/haldaemon restart' gives:

Stopping HAL daemon:                                       [FAILED]
Starting HAL daemon:                                       [FAILED]