Re: Request for testers: Video hardware autodetection

Mike A. Harris wrote:
The latest xorg-x11-drv-* driver packages contain videoaliases
files for kudzu et al. to use for video card autodetection and
driver mapping.

<snip>

If you have a video card which is assigned the "vesa" driver
from the above test, then it is either not supported by the
drivers, or we're missing a PCI ID to driver mapping for that
card/chip.  To determine if it is supported by the driver,
hand edit the xorg.conf and replace the vesa driver with the
native X driver for the particular vendor.  ie: "nv" for
Nvidia, "ati" for ATI, etc., and test to see if X starts up.

<snip>

2/6/06 rawhide ati driver xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.5.7.3-3 still detects radeon 9200 AGP as vesa. BZ 180001 updated.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)