Re: rawhide report: 20060207 changes

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 03:34 -0500, Build System wrote:
> New package gnome-python2-desktop

> autoconf-2.59-6
> ---------------
> * Mon Feb 06 2006 Karsten Hopp <karsten redhat de> 2.59-6
> - check for Xlib.h instead of Intrinsic.h to find X11 headers
>   (#176379)

Not necessarily a good idea, because this renders FC generated configure
scripts unnecessarily incompatible to FSF autoconf generated ones.

Furthermore, the whole idea of checking for "X11 headers" is arguable,
because the concept of common directories for "X11-includes/libraries"
doesn't apply anymore with modular X anymore. Instead, we now have a
"set of X11 devel packages", which just "happen to be installed to a
common prefix".

I would eagerly plea to revert this change.

Ralf