Re: Testing Xen. Some quick questions.

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 12:15 +0900, Naoki wrote:
> I'm just running through these instructions as a reference for my Xen3
> tests on rawhide and all is going pretty well.

Good to hear

> I have a test domain (but can't alter the number of VCPUs for some
> reason but that's another story) and I'm wondering. Rather than the
> pretty ugly system of either :

Yeah, vcpu hotplug seems to be a little busted right now.  Haven't
really dug to figure out why yet.

> Or the much better system of /usr/sbin/xenguest-install.py,
>
> Is there a simple way to fake a netboot so I can use my existing
> kickstart scripts and build OS instances the same way I would with
> normal physical hardware?

Realistically, the xenguest-install stuff is pretty much faking netboot.
Run it with --help to see the way to pass the various things to it as
command line arguments and you can use -x for passing things like ks=

Jeremy