Testing Xen. Some quick questions.

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 23:04:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 14:47 -0800, Adam Huda wrote:
> Found this problem though:
[snip]
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'

Fixed this this afternoon.

> Also vmlinuz-2.6.15-1.43_FC5 hypervisor won't boot. It starts to boot
> and then the machine immediately restarts. Is there anyway I can
> figure out the actual error?

If you add noreboot to the xen line, it won't reboot.  If you're on an
smp box, you're probably hitting #180535.  maxcpus=1 on the kernel line
will work around and Rik is hot on the case.

> I still haven't got a guest installed using the xenguest-install.py
> process. When the actual installation starts, it installs a few
> packages and then dies.

Hrmm -- I haven't seen this.  How does it die?  Does the guest just hang
or ... ?

Jeremy