Re: Testing Xen. Some quick questions.

I gave the guest 256 MB. My machine has 2 GB. Under 2.6.15-1.40_FC5hypervisor I tried setting:

xm mem-max 512 0
xm mem-set 512 0

Then when starting anaconda, I got some error about the net driver having to squeeze memory (sorry about being hazing on the exact error, I can reproduce it later if you like) when getting an IP via DHCP and at which point the install would break.

With the latest xen hypervisor (43), I'm not having any problems with the anaconda install. I just finished a rawhide guest installation and rebooted the guest. However, the pygrub boot loader is giving me some problems when I try to start the guest:

[root localhost ~]# xm create -c rawhide
Using config file "/etc/xen/rawhide".
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 246, in ?
    cf = get_config(file)
  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 123, in get_config
raise RuntimeError, "we couldn't find /boot/grub {menu.lst,grub.conf} " + \ RuntimeError: we couldn't find /boot/grub{menu.lst,grub.conf} in the image provided. halt!
Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!

I haven't had a chance to dig around this yet.

-- Adam