Re: Linux-HA? (Now with cluster questions!).

Naoki wrote:

Cheers.  GFS/Cluster Suite is a bit over the top for a simple case of
bringing up an IP and starting Apache, which is all I'm looking at
doing.  Seems like most other distros ship heartbeat for this type of
basic job.  Would anybody object to it being added to extras, does it
conflict at all?

Ah.... allow me to clarify... I understand your concern and agree that GFS is overkill for a simple failover apache config. The Cluster Suite stuff is bundled up with the GFS stuff, but can be used independently. Its perfectly well suited to apache failover, and the documentation is very thorough on how to do this. You don't need to setup GFS in this config.