gaim (was: rawhide report: 20060209 changes)

Dax Kelson dax at gurulabs.com
Fri Feb 10 04:01:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 10:15 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> No plans when upstream says it isn't ready, and we need to ship
> something stable in FC5 final.  Might consider upgrading it to gaim2
> later after FC5 release if it is in good shape.
>
> Warren Togami

The gaim 2.0 betas support Cyrus-SASL and GSSAPI/Kerberos authentication
with Jabber. You get the standard single sign-on bliss and solve the
plain text password stored in ~/.gaim/accounts.xml problem.

If FC5 is shipping gaim v1.5 would you apply a patch to it to add
GSSAPI/Kerberos Jabber authentication support?

We use both 2.0 beta and the 1.5+patch here at our office against our
kerberized Jabber server. We love it.

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs