Re: JOnAS on FC5

Jeff Spaleta writes:
 > On 2/10/06, Enrico Scholz <enrico scholz informatik tu-chemnitz de> wrote:
 > > jspaleta gmail com (Jeff Spaleta) writes:
 > >
 > > > since jonas was moved in/out of core's development tree.. some of the
 > > > review process for submission may not apply..
 > >
 > > Which part of the process do you mean here? The legal-issue check seems
 > > to be the only item which can be skipped.
 >
 > I could absolutely be wrong about my interpretation. I thought
 > packages which use to be in Core were considered orphaned and could be
 > moved into Extras without new submission review?

It says here:

   1.

      Packages, which need a new maintainer (orphaned packages). A
      package may need to be dropped from the distribution when it
      contains security vulnerabilities, gets out-of-date too much
      and/or becomes incompatible with build dependencies.

And it seems to me that JOnAS and its dependencies fit into this
category, having been dropped mainly because of dbuild dependency
issues.  I doubt very much that any of these packages can reasonably
be described as "new submissions" -- if build problems hadn't cropped
up they would have been in FC5.

But on the other hand, they never made it into FC5.

I don't mind, really, as long as the work involved in pushing these 30
packages into extras isn't great.

Andrew.