JOnAS on FC5

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Feb 10 18:42:27 UTC 2006

> I'm not arguing that avoiding the full review process is a good idea.
> I'm stating the policy as I understand it. I do not personally agree
> with that policy and I would encourage all things which move from Core
> to Extras to undergo the full review process. But as I said.. my
> understanding of the current policy  treats items that move from Core
> to Extras as orphaned.

> I'd love to see everything that moves from Core have to go through
> formal Extras review, but that's not the policy as I understand it and
> I'm not going to  present my opinion and desire as policy when it is
> not.

Ask and your wish shall be granted.

Message from spot::
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-August/msg00750.html

After talking with Warren and Greg, we're eliminating the "Previously in
Core" loophole. In the past, packages which were in Fedora Core were
able to be imported into Fedora Extras without review. This is no longer
permitted. (This was never in writing, at least not anywhere I can see)

Just to repeat:

All packages MUST go through review before being committed into Fedora
Extras CVS. No exceptions.

-Toshio