Re: cron/dbus problem?

Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 15:13 +0100, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
Does anyone have an idea why the session bus seems to be available from a regular shell but not from cron?

Because the environment variable "DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS" is set in a
regular shell, but not from cron.

Shouldn't this be considered a bug? What I was trying to do doesn't seem like a weird use case so I believe it should be possible to use DBus from cron like that.

Regards,
  Dennis