Re: gnome-power-manager quits unexpectedly

S Baig wrote:
Hi,

I just installed Fedora5 Test2 and when I log into Gnome, I immediately get a message box saying "The Application "gnome-power-manager" has quit unexpectedly". Then I open a terminal and try running 'gnome-power-manager' from the command prompt, I get the same message box, but also the following text is printed on the terminal:

** (gnome-power-manager:6362): WARNING **: main: Unable to determine the address of the message bus

** ERROR **: This program cannot start until you start the dbus session daemon
This is usually started in X or gnome startup (depending on distro)
You can launch the session dbus-daemon manually with this command:
eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`

I cannot find 'dbus-launch' anywhere in my path, but I verified using 'system-config-services' that the messagebus service is running. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
-shez-

The problem is on the FC5T2 disc(s) - If you apply updates, it shoud go away and work normally.

Yes, I had the problem. Check the archives for the fedora-test list. There were many discussions related to gnome-power-manager in the later days of FC5T1 and the release of FC5T2.

Jim

--
Today you'll start getting heavy metal radio on your dentures.