Re: Bugzilla dupes attack

On 2/14/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
> Typo there.  Regardless of that bugzilla doesnt search closed reports by
> default. Search them by default would waste a lot of time and users
> generally care only about open bug reports.

I don't really know if you can make that "general" claim.

I find a lot of users who don't religiously run full system updates,
whether it be because of bandwidth or laziness or whatever, wander
into #fedora and ask specific questions about specific bugs which are
clearly closed and incorporated into some sort of update..even if its
a rawhide only fix.  And lets face it, somethings which irk users of
current releases get closed as resolution rawhide and don't make it
into an actual release update.  Those closed bugreports still have
relevancy even to up-to-date  current release systems.

On a persona note, I personally don't bother with the default searches
anymore when tracking down previously reported bugs when
troubleshooting symptoms reported in #fedora.

-jef