Re: Bugzilla dupes attack

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 12:39, RS wrote:

> bugzilla doesnt search closed reports by
> default. Search them by default would waste a lot of time and
> users generally care only about open bug reports.

It's not clear to the casual user, there's no "advanced" search
entry point on the page ( bugzilla.redhat.com ) and you're sure to
get dups of bugs that have already been closed.  It seem's more
productive to check all bugs by default and select open bugs by
choice if dups are something you're trying to avoid.

> Search them by default would waste a lot of time and
> users generally care only about open bug reports.

I suggest that "users" really care to know first if what they've
found has been seen by anyone else and then second whether it's
been fixed.

Regards, Mike Klinke