Re: Bugzilla dupes attack

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On 2/14/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
Typo there.  Regardless of that bugzilla doesnt search closed reports by
default. Search them by default would waste a lot of time and users
generally care only about open bug reports.

I don't really know if you can make that "general" claim.
Thats the claim being made when selecting the default. Do you believe that searching through bugzilla for all the closed bug report makes better sense as the default?

I find a lot of users who don't religiously run full system updates,
whether it be because of bandwidth or laziness or whatever, wander
into #fedora and ask specific questions about specific bugs which are
clearly closed and incorporated into some sort of update..even if its
a rawhide only fix.  And lets face it, somethings which irk users of
current releases get closed as resolution rawhide and don't make it
into an actual release update.  Those closed bugreports still have
relevancy even to up-to-date  current release systems.
Then reopen it asking for an update against the current release or file another bug report asking for a fix or better yet provide a patch depending on the severity of the bug. Some of the fixes would of course be only available in the next release. I dont see this as improvement that affects triaging.

--
Rahul