Questioning Pirut

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:03:18 UTC 2006

> Of course that does not mean pirut doesn't have potential and
> certainly doesn't mean the pirut developers are doing a poor job, it is > simply means pirut is not ready yet.

and system-packages-configs has severe limitations which may nullify
its usefulness all together in the restructuring of groups going on as
part of FC5 development.

and up2date has its own limitations which will nullify its usefulness for FC5.

When all available options are suboptimal, perhaps the best solutions
aren't mature codebases with the optimized UI that don't work with the
repository framework in use. Maybe the best suboptimal solution on the
board is the new codebase that is designed to work with the framework
regardless of how immature its UI is and we will just have to live
with it for fc5 and work on ui issues in fc6 development.

-jef