Re: yum upgrade from FC5test3 to FC5?

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
What are we, psychic? There are so many things that could change between
a test release and a final release. *That's* why the upgrade is
unsupported, not because the tool can't cope.

just a question!
you know debian does update with apt-get
the debian guys use this issue to advertise the advantages of their distro
but how can one defend yum here?

apt-get and dselect (i believe) are alright for some purposes. I did have more problems with apt-get pulling a working system by removing critical packages. Yum on the other hand fails with a dependably problem and fails. The compiler language for apt-get seems to be quicker acting than the programming language that yum uses. The logic regarding upgrading is better in my view for the yum approach.

The easiest way to get the root password is to become system admin.
	-- Unknown source