Re: Questioning Pirut

On 2/17/06, Paul W. Frields <stickster gmail com> wrote:

> Please respond, flames are welcome but I just wanted to be more clear.
> If some one can also tell me how up2date will be tested with Fedora
> ahead or Red Hat is keeping that out of Fedora and still plan to use
> it ahead for RHN.

Pup replaces up2date.  There is no notification icon but I think I heard
rumblings on this list (see archives) that someone was working on one
using libnotify et al.

Aren't the days of libnotify over?  Isn't D-Bus the replacement for all system/console messages?  Is libnotify still being implemented as a back up?

Benji