Re: Questioning Pirut

Kevin Verma wrote:

Dear Pirut Developers,

I've been trying to use Pirut over the FC5 rawhide, referring a screen
shot here from the wiki,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tours/FedoraCore5/007_Pirut

I will like to know your point of view why we really needed yet
another package manager, I understand that this one is created more to
adapt to Yum system. I will like to know your view if
system-config-packages could have been adapted to Yum as well ?

That is exactly what pirut is. A adoption of system-config-packages to use a yum backend with a new name to reflect the fact that the tool doesnt require any configuration.

--
Rahul