Re: Please disable the SELinux execstack/relro checks before FC5 final

Ulrich Drepper wrote:
Eric Brunson wrote:
This NVidia driver issue seems to be cropping up a lot on the forums. Is there a fix for it other than setting permissive globally?

Has anybody ever tried to simply reset the flag?  Use

execstack -c /usr/lib*/libGL.so

If you want, make a copy of the file first.  But it should also be
possible to use

execstack -s /usr/lib*/libGL.so

to undo the effect.

The problem happens with fedora-extras programs also. Ppracer would not start before execstack -s was performed on the library. I ra

 ppracer
ppracer: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: Permission denied
[jim cornette-lt ~]$ locate libGL.so.1
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2

execstack -c /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 allowed ppracer to start. The performance was pretty poor though with a radeon and oss driver.

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "radeon"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility U1"

I take it that there are many more instances around.

Thanks for the hint.

Jim