Re: Please disable the SELinux execstack/relro checks before FC5 final

Once upon a time, Ulrich Drepper <drepper redhat com> said:
> Chris Adams wrote:
> > I get that with a straight Fedora install.  Do a basic install and then
> > "yum install ppracer", and ppracer will fail to start.
>
> This doesn't say anything.  How does it fail?  What DSOs are loaded?
> How do the DSOs look like (output of eu-readelf -l DSO).

Well, it had resulted in an exec stack error on libGL (last tried a week
or so ago IIRC).  However, with a up to date devel (Core and Extras)
system, ppracer starts now.

You can see the message that did result a couple messages up this
thread:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-February/msg00919.html

Checking, my system seems to show libGL.so.1.2 marked for execstack on
install now:

$ execstack -q /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2
X /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2

I'm pretty sure I didn't set it that way (on this install).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>