Re: The future of Linux - architecture and package inter-dependencies

> Kaimano wrote:
>>
>> The package inter-dependency at "RELEASE" level is killing it.
>
> That's kindof funny. ;o)  If this is something "killing it" as you
> say, then why are the number of people using Linux greater right now
> than at any previous time?  Why are more and more people/companies

I think that this phrase might have been mis-interpreted, "killing it"
here is meant as making it overly complicated; a fudge without plan, that
is hard to maintain. Of course the end users do not see that, but we are
not in an end-user mailing list.

The concerns are about spending more time for planning and design in order
to move towards a really open platform, otherwise the risk is to end up
with an open source so complicated to maintain that it would not make any
difference if it was proprietary and secret.
--
Mauro