FC5T3 on x86_64

I'm trying to upgrade an FC4 box (x86_64) to FC5T3, but I'm getting an error just after "Preparing transaction from the installation media". Basically, the message is something like "We should really show you the debug info here, but we'll just fail instead." On VT3 I can see that there are file conflicts between packages from FC4 and FC5T3, namely for xpdf, xorg-x11-devel, python-devel, vim-common and e2fsprogs. Not sure if those are harmless or if they are actually causing the install to stop.

The box is running RAID1 (md) and LVM - not sure if that's somehow related. It also has 32 bit libs installed.

--
Bojan