Re: Licensing brainstorm

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Mauro Mozzarelli wrote:

[...]

You can not bundle the GPL app and the proprietary lib together however.
I think that bundling together is a matter of interpretation, but what I
have understood, for example is that they cannot be in the same tarball
nor in the same srpm, but they can be in different tarballs on a CD.

Guys, please could we use this new thread for licensing discussions?

Maybe we need a dependacy resolution system for licenses. Kind of like RPM, but more difficult.

My suggested name would be "Wine Brick", if not for the Wine project.

--
"George W. Bush -- Bringing back the Sixties one Nixon at a time."