Re: The future of Linux - architecture and package

Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer wrote:

alan redhat com (Alan Cox) writes:
- xpdf         PDF file viewer for the X Window System.
Unusuably bad with most modern pdf files

Allow me to disagree here, I can forward you quite a bunch of recent pdfs
evince can't read or just render the wrong way.

For example I've got the manual for a Canon camera that has a big "COPY"
sign in the background and that's the only thing evince renders (on all
pages).
I think developers in evince list was looking for such test cases. http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evince-list/

--
Rahul