rlocate vs. mlocate

I have seen locate be replace by slocate, which has now been replace with mlocate. mlocate seems nice and all, but why aren't we moving to rlocate. Sometime in the last few months I got the impression that mlocate would do what rlocate does. Recently I have been using mlocate and with the impression it was like rlocate I was very disappointed with the results. It seemed broken. Today I investigated the reality and found mlocate is just an incremental improvement on slocate, but still only runs daily. rlocate seems like the ultimate solution with it's use of inotify for real time results.

Why isn't Fedora moving to rlocate? Hopefully it isn't a case of not invented here, since I notice the mlocate author is a Red Hat employee.