Re: The future of Linux - architecture and package inter-dependencies

Alan Cox wrote:
>It is anyway, does anyone use motif ? as far as I can see its a good
>extras candidate

We have millions of lines of code ported over from *nix that use Motif.
And I'm sure we're far from alone in that.

Now, Fedora Core isn't a platform we support, but we do support RHEL.
So, thinking ahead, if OpenMotif is moved to Extras in FC6 or FC7 what
happens to it in RHEL6 (or whatever)?

The Fedora Project doesn't need to worry about supporting Red Hat's
paying customers, but Red Hat does.

Ron