Results for install and remove tests for FC-Devel

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Feb 22 15:54:24 UTC 2006

> Yeah, i forgot to mention, this whole test is mainly for completeness.
> Quite a few packages have coreutils as a requirement in Fedora Core, and
> for packages that have a real PreReq this actually makes sense and is
> certainly needed as rpm otherwise could always just put coreutils at
> some later point in the install order and suddenly tons of pre or post
> install scripts would break. And thats basically what this test
> revealed, that there are actually quite a few packages that can break if
> coreutils isn't installed prior to them, so this is really a missing
> PreReq dependency.

Thanks for the explanation... Indeed it isn't a live system but a
filesystem being populated at the same time scripts are run, so having
coreutils required is indeed important. Maybe, when the filesystem is
depopulated coreutils cannot be removed anyway but who knows, it is indeed
still a good thing to have everything right.

I don't know if it is easy/possible/interesting, but if it is, could it be
possible to do similar things for extras without too much work? Or maybe
it is too early as extras are not handled by anaconda anyway?

--
Pat