Re: Multiple concurrent versions of Python

Le mercredi 22 février 2006 à 17:59 +0100, Aurelien Bompard a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Like I wrote, this is as bad as closed software tools ;( I guess that
> > means Zope deos not care about fedora.
>
> Well, no they don't. Still, I think we should care about Zope, because it is
> a useful piece of software, very wildly used. And it is considered for our
> CMS : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/CMS
> The Java community does not care about Fedora either, yet we did a lot of
> work to have Java in Fedora (I know it is a bit stretched).

And, actually, the FOSS part of the Java community did help as they
could.

> Working on Zope to have a better support for it in Fedora seems the best
> solution. The question is : who is interested ? Who will do it ?

Looking at the Zope site they also complain about Suse so I guess it's
them against two major distributions... Between Red Hat, Fedora and Suse
python hackers surely someone can convince them they're not reasonable?

FC5 zope is probably cooked though.

--
Nicolas Mailhot