relocatable rpm .spec question

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Thu Feb 23 07:22:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 07:05:36PM -0500, John Ellson wrote:

> Where can I find a list of these variables?
>
> Is there one that will tell me if its lib or lib64 in %_libdir ?

You don't need that (and thus they aren't available as env.vars in
%post etc. scripts), because these are all static values (the prefix
exmaple you gave is not static, as it can be specified at install
time).  For the others you can always add something like

MYVAR=%_libdir

in your %post script and use $MYVAR in your script.

And if you want to see all environment variables, just create a dummy
package and add "set > /tmp/rpm.vars" in %post and see what it gives ;-).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>