Re: Attention: Proprietary video driver users (ATI, Nvidia, etc.)

Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:

Davide Bolcioni wrote:

Could SELinux be used to prevent this and, more generally, disallow
replacement of rpm-controlled files even by the root user ?

That would be incredibly annoying and is not where we want to go... It would complicate updates and installs and configuration and everything that is normal administration.

People should just learn by their "mistakes" and replace whatever rpm their operations may have corrupted.

I realize that some people need these rpms and thats why mharris kindly suggests that these people use the third party repos.

Problem solved :o)

/Thomas

won't help ...
people will ask on the nvidia forums an get a reply "do setenforce 0 before installing the driver and setenforce 1 after it finished"