Re: Where did all my memory go?

And how is anybody here going to be able to debug or even only guess
what is wrong when using a kernel like that ?
Well, I would assume, by having a better idea about how memory allocations work, and how they can be tracked, people could hint me as to how to figure out what's eating all the memory (since the top command isn't helping). Maybe three's a command I don't know about, or /proc statistics that could explain what's happening. If I knew how to debug the problem I wouldn't be asking the question, would I?

I guess I should cc Steve Grubb on this, since the kernel does include lspp patches.