Where did all my memory go?

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 23 14:16:31 UTC 2006

> And how is anybody here going to be able to debug or even only guess
> what is wrong when using a kernel like that ?

Well, I would assume, by having a better idea about how memory
allocations work, and how they can be tracked, people could hint me as
to how to figure out what's eating all the memory (since the top command
isn't helping). Maybe three's a command I don't know about, or /proc
statistics that could explain what's happening. If I knew how to debug
the problem I wouldn't be asking the question, would I?

I guess I should cc Steve Grubb on this, since the kernel does include
lspp patches.