preview native x86_64 openoffice.org rpms

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Feb 23 15:38:57 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 17:27 +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 14:41 +0000, Caolan McNamara wrote:
> > rpms of a native x86_64 version of openoffice.org as created by the OOo
> > build process (680_m157/i.e. in fedora parlance equivalent to
> > 2.0.3-0.157)
> > at http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/x86_64/
> >
> > "binfilter", i.e. support for legacy binary StarOffice support is
> > disabled, but everything else is in there. Seems to work ok :-), though
> > there might be nasties in there.
> >
> > C.
> >

> Yeeeeyyyyy! At last!
>
> Any chance of getting a FC4 back-port?

Not a chance of a supported version, though those packages were built on
my x86_64 fc4 box.

> (I can't afford to go FC5T on my x86_64 machine)

It won't be in FC5 either. There's absolutely no chance that it's
bug-free :-), and fixing the binfilter work will take a while to
complete anyway.

There might be fedora tuned src.rpms at a later date which will be
buildable on x86_64 fc4/fc5 for those interesting in trying those out
for themselves instead.

C.